Monday, February 14, 2011

2002 Winter Olympics

2002. The Winter Olympics came to Utah. I was working at the University of Utah where we hosted the Olympic Village and the Opening and Closing Ceremonies. On the one hand, there were a lot of inconveniences such as my main office being located inside of the Olympic Village and a huge fence that was between my hospital office and the main office. On the other hand, it was pretty exciting to be able to get inside and visit with the athletes. In this photo, I am with the Croatian contingency. Casey was serving her mission in Croatia at the time so I got this photo with these guys to send to her. Of course, I got to work the ceremonies which were full of a lot of cool things. I got up pretty close to President Bush when he came for the Opening Ceremonies and I got to meet Mitt Romney a couple of times just as a couple of examples. It was amazing how they turned the entire football field of the stadium into one giant ice-rink. It was fun times but I was pretty glad when it was all over and things got back to normal. It was an experience, however, that I'll never forget and will always be glad that I had.

No comments: